CEO & Co-Founder
Media, mountain and coffee enthusiast. Always looking for new projects and challenges. Fascinated by the mission to make knowing easy he co-founded KnowledgeFox during a research stay in Silicon Valley.
Leader Customizing Support Team
Responsible for the technical implementation of the KnowledgeFox solution for our customers. Has 20 years of experience in the software business.
CTO & Leader Tech Development Team
Ensures famed “German thoroughness” and smooth-running technology at KnowledgeFox GmbH. Brilliant software architect and Java expert.
Industry Advisory Board
Head; Delta Partners
Peter A. Bruck
Founder & MicroLearning Evangelist
Benno F. Weißmann
Grow with KnowledgeFox:
Become a reseller!
Get in touch with us!
KnowledgeFox reaches customers in 23 countries
reaches customers in 23 countries
Corporations, publishing houses, public administrations and companies on 4 continents use KnowledgeFox for a wide range of training activities, including product and compliance training, higher education and publishing.
KnowledgeFox is the worldwide pioneer of MicroLearning
© KnowledgeFox GmbH 2016-present
MicroLearning is characterized by small learning sequences. This principle has been applied in many areas for hundreds of years, e.g. when learning a language or musical instrument. Small, repeated steps ensure that knowledge or a skill are acquired and retained.
The MicroLearning approach was originally created in 2003 by Research Studios Austria FG, the parent company of KnowledgeFox. The innovation of KnowledgeFox consisted in the smart use of computers and the internet to support learners.
- Research Studios Austria FG started to research and develop in this area in 2003, with the clear goal of integrating learning into one’s daily workflow, for example during small breaks.
- The first patented prototype used an intelligent PC screensaver as a contact point, prompting learners to perform short learning activities when returning to their desks from breaks. Conventional learning material was broken down into small sequences and structured into knowledge cards, thus becoming easier to memorize.
- The screen saver was soon replaced by a push-system, ensuring that a wide range of MicroInformation could be actively learned during a normal workday, instead of merely being passively received.
- In subsequent years, the server was switched and the programming language was changed to Java. The authoring interface was improved significantly in order to simplify the development of content.
- Next, mobile MicroLearning was developed, followed by its roll-out to all internet-capable devices.
- 2012 saw the founding of KnowledgeFox GmbH with subsidiaries in Vienna, Linz and Salzburg.
- In 2015, KnowledgePulse was rebranded into KnowledgeFox. KnowledgeMatch® was introduced as a product innovation in order to include the aspect of gamification in KnowledgeFox.
- In 2016, the redesigned website went online, containing new content and updated branding. MicroLearning in health care has become a new scientific focus for KnowledgeFox.
- In 2017, the Bonnier media group joined KnowledgeFox to enter a new era on a global scale.
KnowledgeFox GmbH is a company registered at the Commercial Court of Vienna: FN 382929 g
VAT ID: ATU 67594944
Bank details: Erste Bank, IBAN: AT24 2011 1839 2504 4200 BIC: GIBAATWWXXX